Saturday, May 10, 2008

new saturdays

So...it has been too long since my first blog, I meant to do one everyday but I have come to realize that I just don't like typing (or my life is really boring). But today was a great day so far and I wanna talk about it. So I went kayaking last week with some friends from work and their friends and family, but I would say that I was the one who led the outing...I had decided that I want to kayak every Saturday. Last week was fun with all the friends but I was gonna go even if it was just me. So I did that today. I woke up and got ready and went kayaking by myself. It was really windy so it is a really good upper body workout. I went around Naples area twice and looked at all the boats and houses. I had never gone around there, it is much less crowded with boats and people, more of a serene place to think about life. I usually go to the jellyfish, last week there were hundreds of them big and tiny and I touched a lot of them, They say there will be more in the summertime so I can't wait to see it when there are thousands. Kayaking reminds me of good times with Vanessa and Julia going topless on the Duffy boat birthday extravaganza. I only went for and hour but I think that's a good enough time because I don't take any brakes, it is a constant hour of movin my arms! I asked the lady that works at the kayak rental how many miles are some of the areas I kayak. She said to the jelly fish and back is a mile and a half and around Naples is three quarters of a mile. I told here that I will see her every Saturday because it's my new routine, After that I laid on the beach for a little while watching all the kites in the air. There were a lot of them flyin along the sand. It made me think of the kite runner, I saw the movie with Vanessa and I knew about the book from when Julia was reading it. So as I was laying there I thought "well I did some upper body working out, how about my lower body?" So when I got home I dusted off the beach cruiser that Josh had given Vanessa and she had given to me, inflated the tires and went on a bike ride. I haven't done that in a while so I didn't know how far I would go, so I rode along 5th the Ximeno down to Colorado and had the brilliant idea to get me an artichoke from MA and PA's!!! Grabbed that up and thought "I wonder what Candace is doing?" so I rode along 3rd down to Redondo and checked to see if she was home to share my artichoke with! I interrupted her paper writing with a little break and then her cat was givin my nose the stuffies so I headed back home. Interestingly Josh texted me what's up and I said "hey what time do you get off of work I will come over and go swimming!" but he responded that he has the flu...bummer I really wanted to wash off this sand with some chorine. So now I am home and happy that I had a good day. I wish my friends could be with me, we would have had a good time. The weather is lovely here...I really do love Long Beach.

No comments: