Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Surprise!


no surprises... wow so I haven't blogged in 2 years. What
a difference 2 years make. So much has happened...but
since I am here and candace's blog has inspired me to
write again I may as well do some random writing. This
song is the song I have always thought about walking
down the wedding isle with my loved one arm in arm.
I don't believe that any "family member" needs to
"give away" the bride. I feel like that is an antiquated
tradition and that I do not need someone to give me
away, as I am my own being, giving myself to whom I
choose, without the approval of my "father". Shit... it's
not like he also has a dowery to give to the potential
victim as a consolation prize. "My wife is a biatch...but
I did get a goat and an acre of land so I guess its a
good deal???" I also feel like having one person stand
in the front while the other walks down the isle is
unequal and you all know the libra in me wants
everything to be fair. (plus I don't think I would want all
that attention...all eyes on me? No thank you!) I believe
the 2 people getting married should walk down the isle
in front of the guests together, thus "no surprises" is the
perfect song to do so with my loved one. I have heard
this song done by a string quartet which I believe would
be very appropriate as well as other radiohead songs
and bjork songs all just beautiful done with just strings.
That is my vision.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to have you online dear! i agree: it's nice to pick and choose the 'traditions' that we would like to retain (or trash!). keep blogging!

MarciBones! said...

I had my brothers walk me down cause my dad was/is a d-bag. And I agree. You don't need anybody to do it. <3 love ya.